Subject: [Leica] Vol 50, Issue 182, Message 23, Fuji X-Pro 1 and new M adapter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:12:57 -0400

I just read the viewfinder has two modes;.  You were using electronic mode
(EVF) which seems like NOT the usual good choice

Most I think would be using it with the optical mode.
Optical Viewfinder (OVF)
This its more Leicalike. Probably better.
You get all the info too in the finder.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_pro1/features/
page_03.html of
http://tinyurl.com/7tpjpra

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/

> From: Rod Smith <bigdlakeside at yahoo.com>
> Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:50:24 -0700 (PDT)
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: [Leica] Vol 50, Issue 182, Message 23, Fuji X-Pro 1 and new M
> adapter
>
> RE: Vol 50, Issue 182, Message 23, Fuji X-Pro 1 and new M
adapter
Hello all:
> see that Steve has been using the Fuji X-Pro 1 (perhaps as
well as others).
> have been awaiting the M mount adapter which was announced
recently by Fuji
> (albeit a bit pricey in my book ?but a whale of a lot cheaper than an M9).
> have two concerns, focusing and info going from lens to
body.
I handled a Fuji
> X-Pro 1 recently at a local store, and I
was not impresses by the viewfinder.
> I could never see an image in focus on the
electronic finder.? Maybe it was
> just me,
a diopter issue, or a camera issue. But I just did not see the image
> well. This
leads to the focus issue. Doe the camera have any sort of focus
> assist. If so,
is it present only in the electronic finder? Since the lens
> might be stopped
down ? there would be a considerable range for ?in focus? so
> if you are left
with a sort of ?ground glass? focusing ? would one be able to
> get critical focus
at all.
Now with regard to info going from lens to body,
> would not
the only info be something to control the software to apply vignette
> and color
shift tools? Based on the photo I have seen of the adapter, it
> appears the
electrical contact on Fuji adapter may read the Leica coding by
> simple
electrical conduction. If that is the case ? I assume a Leica lens
> coded with
the ink markers will not work (as this adapter would not function
> correctly).
Of course any of us with much experience can look at a photo after
> we have shot
it and tell what lens we used, so you could apply the same tools
> after the fact
in post-production.
I just read the info from John Lei on the
> cameraquest site.? He seems to be quite pleased. I still wonder
about the
> contacts on the photo of the Fuji (brand) adapter.
Any thoughts
> ?anyone?
Thanks for the
> help.