Subject: [Leica] Three from this morning - Now X Pro 1 viewfinder diopter adjustment
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:12:19 -0700

> Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:10:13 +0100
> From: Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at me.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Three from this morning..
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> I think it is just a matter of getting used to its quirkiness. The main
> thing I find is that the viewfinder image after shooting (i.e. the EVF
> image) does not appear sharp but I think that is my failing eyesight. I
> would fit an eyesight correction lens (assuming I could find one) but I
> don't know how that would then work with the optical viewfinder - would
> that be out of focus to me? However, the more I use the camera the more I
> love it!
>
> Gerry

Hi Gerry,
Great images - as usual.
I am at the trifocal stage and one of the things that irritated me about the
X Pro 1 dual view finder was that although I could focus the optical
viewfinder by peering through the second stage of my bi focals I could not
see a sharp picture on the EVF. I went to Leo's, one of the better Vancouver
camera stores (not that there are many left these days) and they had
identified the problem and were stocking a set of Zeiss diopter correction
eyepieces. I tried them all and found that the +1 cleared up my problem.
Both EVF and OVF are now sharp using my glasses. It wasn't cheap; $40 for
the eyepiece, but worth it to get rid of the annoyance. Why they didn't
spend the extra $3 to put diopter correction on the X Pro 1, like they did
with the X100 is beyond me.
Of course, your experience may vary depending on your eyesight.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Three from this morning - Now X Pro 1 viewfinder diopter adjustment)