Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:05:45 -0400

To me it looks anti noised a bit too much. In other worlds it would look
better noisier. To me its the analog equivalent of putting tissue or dirty
saran wrap in front of an enlarging lens. You just don't ever want to do
that. You want to see the real grain which is there becuae out of that grain
comes the image. Less grain less information which is there; we are just now
allowed to see it.
In digital its not quite the same. We can anti  noise the noise not grain
just a tad to take some of the edgy sandpaper ness off until it gets to be
too much and we are cut off from the information we should be seeing in the
image. And that in terms of photography from both the craft and art sake: a
big no no.
It's human nature to want to see all the detail  that was there in the
original file rather than to have it smoothed over on us into jelly bean
sauce.
Odds are we'd not be viewing the image at one to one anyway.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/

> From: Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at me.com>
> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 05:51:03 +0100
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1
>
> Richard
>
> I have uploaded a 6400iso image at
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gwpics/1X--1075.jpg.html. It is at full
> resolution. It is a little more noisy than I would normally anticipate but
> suspect that this is due to the heavy red lighting chosen by the lighting
> engineer for this particular gig. All information is in the usual place in
> the
> gallery.
>
> Gerry
>
> Gerry Walden
> +44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
> +44 (0)797 287 7932
> www.gwpics.com
>
> On 12 Jun 2012, at 22:09, Richard Man wrote:
>
>> BD or any of you X-Pro users - how well do the AF work in low light? e.g.
>> one that would require ISO 2500 and F2 1/30, i.e. EV2?
>>
>> I won't be getting the X-Pro1, but if my eyes continue its trajectory, I
>> may have to get an X-Pro-2 or X-Pro-3.
>>
>> Or may be an E-M7...
>>
>> I need very clean ISO3200....
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM, B. D. Colen <bd at bdcolenphoto.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> While there is no question modern Leica glass is unparalleled, I'd say,
>>> having used the Leica glass on film, the lenses for the Fuji Xpro1 are
>>> damn
>>> good. Keep in mind that Fuji made the Xpan, made at least one other

>>> http://dlkphotography.us2.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=3d9dfbb5b18c4817532a3