Subject: [Leica] Final Sobol Photos with MM Part II the beginning
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:08:35 -0400

Its fairly obvious Leica went after one of the uncontested rising stars of
the current art photography scene and put a camera in his hands. Which is
well known to be their plan at least with Magnum.  And the result was most
fortuitous. And it was an excellent public relations situation for Leica.
Witness the standing room only hall filled with people who came to see the
presentation and the 17x22" black and white prints on the sides of the
walls.
We all know that Leica gave him a loaner and maybe paid for expenses at
least.

What's going to be a much better deal PR wise and anything else wise is when
the new full color Leica comes out with any ISO you care to use and its more
of a thing where
"did you hear so and so photographer has been hired by Vanity Fair to
photograph the first lady and he/she is using his/her new Leica M10 to do
the job?" lets get another photographer out there to document the document.
Or lets get a shot of Annie L. with an M10 in her hands laughing with
Michelle O.

And the camera is not a loaner the camera is something the photographer went
out and bought with his/her hard earned inheritance. Then went out and
bought a lens too. Then used it for a critical job. And the results speak
for themselves. Then M10's fly off the shelves not just to rich guys. But to
some noted figures in today's photography.  Which makes for more rich guys.
And they cant decide if to buy an M10 or S2 system or both. Probably both.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/