Subject: [Leica] more MM images
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 08:02:09 +0000

However none of those images were taken with the 50mm AA. Not that I am
remotely sure what you are on about anyway ;-) Equal in what sense? And are
you likely to buy one??

john

I can see a natural progression of the optical designers in Solms about to
come out with the sharpest lens in the history of the known universe the
Apo Summicron 50 and only have the image be dumbed down to oblivion by a
Bayer screen reducing the common denominator to Spirotone.
So they pitched the M Monochrome so this lens when it came out could do what
it was designed to do. Show the split ends of a gnats eyelash from ten feet
away.
I hope the sensor at its slowest setting can equal slow film. Something
close to Agfapan 25 or my signature film Panatomic X 32. Or Ilford Pan F 50.
Then I;ll be a real happy guy.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/