Subject: [Leica] OT: Are we Anal or what? "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one?
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:46:48 -0500

==On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM, James Laird
<digiratidoc at gmail.com>wrote in pertinent part:

<snip>

> We all think
> that someday we might be skilled enough or (in the end) lucky enough
> to be in the right place at the right time with a camera to take a
> photograph that is eternal. Like HCB. He took thousands of
> photographs, many of which were probably NOT keepers. But he kept on
> shooting because he was rich enough or lucky enough to be able to do
> nothing but take photographs, to do the thing that we all love so
> much. God, he makes me so jealous sometimes. We all probably wish we
> could have the chance to do what he did.

<snip>

This reminds me of an instructional quote from my hero Elliott Erwitt:  "To
be a successful photographer you should first inherit a large amount of
money".

--Bob

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] OT: Are we Anal or what? "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one?)