Subject: [Leica] Miscellaneous Junk Mail
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:11:26 -0500

A friend who, like me, participates in both the LUG and OM lists, notified
me this morning that he received a commercial mailing from The Netherlands
which showed me as the sender.

I can picture several scenarios.  Since both his name and mine probably show
up in the contact files of dozens of list members, the source listing could
have been harvested from any of us.  The routine could just use address "A"
to send their material to address "B".  Or, if my address book has been
harvested, they could use my address as sender, and send their message
material to everyone in my address book.  I have no way of knowing what the
scheme is, or where it originated.

If other list members are receiving unwanted email using my name or address
as the sender, please let me know.  It might help me understand what is
taking place.

Thanks,

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA