Subject: [Leica] Unpublished: Oh!
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 21:00:34 -0400

dear philippe,
please do post your photos of khajuraho temple to the lug.
it will harm neither us nor the temple :-)

we in india learnt that having a temple become famous is a bad thing
from the experience of Somnath Temple on the west coast in gujarat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somnath
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmud_of_Ghazni#Destruction_of_Somnath_Temple

we had to rebuild it 6 times after it was destroyed by invading muslims 6
times.
the present 6th temple is very photogenic too but nowhere like khajuraho
temple,
which was saved by it's location in the deep interior of india.
:-)
bharani