Subject: [Leica] Portraits of Awkward Adolescents Posing on Beaches
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:31:14 -0700

Sorry that this topic maybe behind all. But given I've once again got my
machine back I happened to come across this interesting bit of dialogue?

The problem here are the people.... photographer, whomever a female... NO
NOT OUR TINA!

But it seems she said.... "  ?I was interested in photographing people at
moments when they had dropped all pretense of a pose.?

Well hell lady get their minds on something other than yerself standing
around with a camera in hand!!!!!!!! Get the their minds into action,
serious thoughts as simple as looking for something that you know where it
is and what it is! Then you ask a question about the subject creating a
thought process in their minds with a slight hint of what it is and their
minds can be so turned on looking for it, you can almost leave the scene and
they'll still be looking for the object, colour whatever! But as long as
they stand around and you with camera in hand they will mentally be working
through some kind of posing routine quite often without even realizing they
are doing it!

"GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO DO?""  And you have all the pictures you can take
without them having a thought about you.  In other words take pictures
unposed without a thought!

I hope I'm some where near the topic line but this simple bit of, may I call
it "Heavy duty mental process practiced on a CEO , BISHOP or any other human
being and you'll shoot candid photos until the cows come home.

There you go KISS!!!! :-) Just got to love it! :-) And not  a shmaltzy
non-understanding word of directions and simplicity!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Oh yeah. And Lew old buddy?
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Lew Schwartz <lew1716 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, yes and no. Not posing when one is aware that one is being
> photographed just isn't possible since it's merely a special case of being
> aware that you're being looked at. <<<<<<<

Yer wrong!!!!!!!!!

cheers, Dr. ted

We all 'pose' in this respect. A second

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Portraits of Awkward Adolescents Posing on Beaches)