Subject: [Leica] Portraits of awkward adolescents posing ...
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:32:40 -0600

Richard Man wrote:

I saw her images at SFMOMA. One part of me generally agrees with BD - in
the modern photography world circa 2012, what gets most attention in the
art photography world are the "artsy" stuff. I think someone here mentioned
that Eggelston was the beginning of the end, and I tend to agree.

Richard, what were you expecting to see at SFMOMA if not "artsy" stuff?
 I'm not sure what "artsy" means other than "I didn't like it."  Hopefully
you weren't looking to see conventional pictorial photography at a venue
with "modern art" in it's name. ;-)

As for Eggleston, at least he doesn't write or talk about his work unless
pressed, and even then it makes him uncomfortable.  Take a look.  If it
doesn't work for you, fine, but it works for the curators of just about
every major museum out there, so give that some thought too.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Portraits of awkward adolescents posing ...)