Subject: [Leica] Salgado Again
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 01:27:14 -0400

Salgado really is one of the finest photographer of our time. I missed HCB
and Gene Smith, and I'm glad Salgado is still around, They do different
things of course. Smith is intimate, Salgado is grand and grandeur. 100
years from now, no one will care about a Sherman but they will look back on
Smith and Salgado with awe - my opinions of course.

HCB is of course, incomparable and in a class by himself.

In Chinese, the phrase might be that HCB is the god (untouchable), Smith is
the Bodhisattva / saint (no less great but humane), and I don't know what
to put Salgado :-)

--

Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Salgado Again)