Subject: [Leica] Well, this is a huge step backward.
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:06:59 -0500

Metairie has been on a "family friendly" crusade for the past few years.
That's fine if that's what they want to be, the anti-New Orleans (they
earned that reputation when their levees DIDN'T fail, but their parish
president decided to flood his cities during Katrina by turning off all of
the pumping stations).

Photograph a building, and you're a terrorist. Photograph a female walking
in a mall, and you're a video voyeur. I got stopped by the police in
Plaquemines Parish in 2002 while trying to photograph a great blue heron.
Got accosted again in Hahnville while trying to photograph an old cemetery.

Is their a "best disguise" that one can wear to be allowed to photograph
something in public? For me, a Hawaiian shirt, Bermuda shorts, and black
wingtips with white socks seems like the winning combination.

Regards,

Jeffery
Jeffery Smith
Irish Channel, New Orleans, LA