Subject: [Leica] M Monochrom? That's so August 2012
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 20:33:03 -0500

The only face-to-face contact I have had with a Leica dSLR was briefly
handling Bill Nelsch's camera. Is the qualilty of the glass enough to
justify the price of the body? I think "yes".

My skills and income from photography (zero) could never justify the cost of
a Leica dSLR. Nor could I ever in my greatest fantasies, dream of a medium
format digital camera.

No matter the cost, Leica has never failed to amaze me with their products.
No more overpriced than a BMW, and worth it if you need it. Doug Herr
deserves that quality, and I'm glad it's there.

I hope to get a functioning M8 back in a month or so. If it costs too much
to repair, then I'm going the way of Fuji. Fuji is good enough for me.

Not sure that I would ever pay good money for a monochrome-only camera.

Jeffery

Sent from my iPad

Jeffery L. Smith
New Orleans, Louisiana
USA

On Jul 3, 2012, at 20:00, Richard Man <richard at richardmanphoto.com> wrote:

> The S lens are expensive, but not much more than the M lens.
>
> If they keep the S2 at $10K, or even have a flow of used S2 at that price,
> it really would be quite a shakeup.
>
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A CMOS sensor for medium format I'm thinking is way out there. Out of the
>> box. Will this reinvent medium format digital photography?
>> As in will you be able to crank up the iso like you can with 24x36mm?
>> Because if you can there will be people trading in their M system digital
>> for the S. even after the M system goes CMOS.
>> The cameras cost the same.
>> Is the price of the glass really that much different?
>> The functionality of the S might be overwhelming.
>>
>> - - from my iRabs.
>> Mark Rabiner
>>

>>> From: John McMaster <john at mcmaster.co.nz>
>>> Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:40:31 +0000
>>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Leica] M Monochrom? That's so August 2012
>>>
>>> I was wondering why you were posting two month old pages ;-)
>>>
>>> I think you meant to link this one?
>>>

>> http://leicarumors.com/2012/07/03/with-the-upcoming-announcement-of-leica-s3-e
>>> xpect-a-price-drop-on-the-s2.aspx/comment-page-1/
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>>> After 2 days of debugging death match (and I finally nailed the sucker),
>>> what does the Rumor site say?
>>>
>>> "Leica is rumored to announce the S2
>>> replacement<
>> http://leicarumors.com/2012/05/01/rumor-leica-s3-with-new-sensor-a