Subject: [Leica] M Monochrom? That's so August 2012
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 02:47:45 -0400

My thoughts are Leicas have always cost way more than Nikons and never
before like now have they be so much way more worth it.  I do think the
results the S system will give will blow any 24x36 images out of the water
made anytime in the near to not near future. Its simply a full step up in
format. And the S system really is competitive now money wise. We'll all be
seeing the difference in magazine articles and on gallery walls and I think
you'll see the deference even in small internet upload sized images.
The only thing to do is to sell one of your Chevy Nova's and share one with
the significant other and have an S under the back seat.
You'd not want to make an S outa yourself!

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner

> From: Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net>
> Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 19:29:58 -0500
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] M Monochrom? That's so August 2012
>
> I am thinking of buying the Nikon D800E.  It is a 36mp sensor, and if I
> have done my arithmetic right that is a 30" wide print at 300 ppi.  I am
> aware there is a possible hardware issue with auto focus, but I was
> thinking of buying a few Leica R lenses for manual focus.  So I was
> thinking I could get higher ISO's, longer lenses and some cropping room
> if needed for a reasonable price, at least compared to an S2.   I tend
> to shoot landscapes and static objects so auto focus is not that big of
> a priority.  Any thoughts?
>
> Ken
>
> On 7/3/2012 7:01 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>> A CMOS sensor for medium format I'm thinking is way out there. Out of the
>> box. Will this reinvent medium format digital photography?
>> As in will you be able to crank up the iso like you can with 24x36mm?
>> Because if you can there will be people trading in their M system digital
>> for the S. even after the M system goes CMOS.
>> The cameras cost the same.
>> Is the price of the glass really that much different?
>> The functionality of the S might be overwhelming.
>>
>> - - from my iRabs.
>> Mark Rabiner
>>

>>> From: John McMaster <john at mcmaster.co.nz>
>>> Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:40:31 +0000
>>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Leica] M Monochrom? That's so August 2012
>>>
>>> I was wondering why you were posting two month old pages ;-)
>>>
>>> I think you meant to link this one?
>>>
>>> http://leicarumors.com/2012/07/03/with-the-upcoming-announcement-of-leica-s3
>>> -e
>>> xpect-a-price-drop-on-the-s2.aspx/comment-page-1/
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>>> After 2 days of debugging death match (and I finally nailed the sucker),
>>> what does the Rumor site say?
>>>
>>> "Leica is rumored to announce the S2
>>> replacement<http://leicarumors.com/2012/05/01/rumor-leica-s3-with-new-sensor
>>> -a