Subject: [Leica] IMG: Results of Two-Month Drouth
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 13:26:42 -0500

We have had no effective rainfall since the first of April.  In addition to
the impact on our lawns and trees, the reservoir that supplies our water is
also very low, because there has been no rain in the watershed area that
feeds it.  These images give an idea of our current conditions.

Typical lawn grass, burned by the sun, and lack of rain:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Grass.jpg.html

Our Tulip Poplars, planted to replace lost oak trees,  have gone into
emergency mode:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Leaves+on+Ground.jpg.html

The leaves remaining on the larger Poplar are about 50% brown:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tulip+Poplar+75.jpg.html

The smaller Poplar shows the overall impact of the drouth:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tulip+Poplar+77.jpg.html

If anyone knows a rainmaker, please send contact info. :~(

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Results of Two-Month Drouth)