Subject: [Leica] IMG: First Intercontinental LUG gathering in Barcelona News - STEVE
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:43:28 -0400

Sounds like you're saying you knew what her iso was.
If she and I are really on the same wavelength she'd be shooting 1600 color
neg film.

Also people think nothing of shooting 30th with a 50 that's the rule of
thumb on that thing. 50th of a second with a 50. As as there is not 50th
you'd pick either a 60th or a 30th. Plenty of guys go to a 15th and plan to
have the shot run and get paid.
Thing is they never say with "the rule of thumb" what size the thing is
going to be seen at. You'd think 8x10 but who knows?
And something on newsprint with an 80 line screen its for sure you've got a
lot of leeway.
Also some people even when shooting multi thousand dollar glass don't dwell
so much on the split ends on the ends of everybody's eyelashes. They think a
soft shot is an ok shot. Better maybe. I think HCB from all he said and much
of what he did was one of those people.  Those people not dwelling on
sharpness. And who may feel a little "mood" is added when there is some
camera motion on top of subject motion.
Not so much me though I'd rather get it sharp most the time.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner