Subject: [Leica] Now this is a pano
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:45:38 -0500

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA15689.jpg

This is a composite of 817 images taken by a panoramic camera on the
Opportunity Mars rover.  It is about 6.5 feet wide at 300 ppi.  The link
is to a jpeg, but you can also download the tiff (553 mb).  The camera
has a 43mm f/20 lens (lenses actually - it is 3D).   Here is the link to
info about the camera:
http://www.athena.cornell.edu/the_mission/ins_pancam.html.  I have an
acquaintance who is a scientist in the Mars program - I think I will
work on the color, maybe add a sky gradient and send him my suggestions :).

Ken