Subject: [Leica] Push pins yesterday with 55 3.5 Micro
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:23:49 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/thisyear/120710_163620.jpg.html
7/10/12, 4:36:20 PM, Push Pins in box, 55mm 3.5 Micro Nikor

Yesterday I was noticing how nice this box of push pins looked and I was
able to position a quartz desk light inches from it so I was able to stop
down to f16 @ 100th of a second and really do it justice with no high speed
flash. The iso was auto set at 4500 for this combination.

I shot a few at f8 and 11 with the light positioned at other angles but it
was this last shot when I pulled back a few inches that seemed the most
clear and interesting. I cropped about 10% with the image set to 1200 x 800
pixels as is my default.

Almost forgot to mention that although the shot appeared to be a total
monochrome from the get go I found myself wanting to convert it to
monochrome myself in ACR.  I gave it  a slight tint in the shadows as I will
tend to do. This almost seemed to restore its original RGB full color look
only cleaner.

I got my much heavier and bigger 60 macro AF from Portland a few months ago
but it was not on my camera at the moment so I used this quite old and much
more compact and lighter version which is the classic 55mm.... Right out of
my camera bag.  Not the 2.8 but the even older 3.5. The 60 goes to 1:1 and
would have grabbed about three pushpins at that setting! I'm sure the lens
is optically superior and does not need cleaning for sure but its one of the
heavier lenes in my arsenal. The 55 is one of the lighter.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Push pins yesterday with 55 3.5 Micro with tiny turl)