Subject: [Leica] A few storms
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:00:46 -0700

The last three days have been interesting.  100+ during the day and then
lightening/thunder at night.  Tried to capture a few bursts

The first storm three nights ago was the most active I have ever seen.
Bursts every 4-5 seconds for hours.  Unfortunately (for photography) most
were in the clouds and I got a whole lit of washed out cloud photos.  A few
did make it through the clouds in the direction I happened to have my camera
pointed and I got these.

Early on when there was some sunset lighting and the wind was blowing like
crazy
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/Lightning-2882.jpg.html

Later after dark
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/Lightning-2907.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/Lightning-2939.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/Lightning-2968.jpg.html

Some of these were very close and LOUD.  My wife had to drag me back into
the house and the house was rattling around pretty good.  There were 3 or 4
structure fires that night.

Then last night, a much milder performance.  Went for a walk but turned
around when the storm was getting a bit close for comfort.
Took about 200 shots of 10-15 seconds and only caught one burst.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/Lightning-3026.jpg.html

We'll see what tonight brings.

View large for full effect.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] A few storms)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] A few storms)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] A few storms)
Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] A few storms)