Subject: [Leica] WTB: Nikon AR-1 soft release
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 04:42:16 -0400

With the F3, Nikon finally joined the rest of the camera world in adopting
the standard cable release thread. So softies that work on the Leica M
will work on the F3. Even the F4 has a standard cable release thread, but
its not on the shutter button (its on the back of the camera and intended
only for cable releases).

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 7/13/12 10:27 PM, "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have soft releases bought for the Leica M which fitted the F3 and
>F100 at least. Forgot where I bought them, though!
>Cheers
>Jayanand
>
>On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Marty Deveney <benedenia at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Geoff, the AR-1 is the soft release for the Nikon F, F2 and RF cameras
>> with a threaded shroud - the threads are on the inside of a tube that
>> sits over the release housing.  Tom's soft releases don't work on
>> these cameras.
>>
>> Marty
>>

>> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Geoff Hopkinson
>><hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Phil, Tom Abrahamsson in Canada makes a couple of versions which are
>>> excellent quality. I think around $20 last time I looked.
>>> http://www.rapidwinder.com/softies.htm
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Geoff