Subject: [Leica] 10.5cm 2.5 Nikkor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:52:30 -0400

I shot with a 105 2.5 Nikkor last night on my D700 full frame digital body.
I did do some shots before it got dark.
This is the lens which I cut my teeth on in photography it was my second
lens after my 45GN. Optically its famous but I'm sure would not compare well
to anything Leica or Leitz made going back decades. It was like an old
friend. This lens was designed in 1954 for the Nikon Rangefinder and if its
not still in production it has not been long out of production.  Nikon
called it a 10.5CM lens. Certain elements have been tweaked but its the same
basic lens the whole run. It says in my Braczko book the the first Nikon
lens to used the 52mm filter thread. And was later adapted to the slr F
system.  The results seem not hurting. I'll post them soon as I have been.

I like grabbing the F stop ring and changing the f stops.

I hate the retractable hood I use a short B+W screw in hood. Its gorgeous.
Says "made in Germany" on it conspicuously. And is the best combination of
compactness and functionality.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] 10.5cm 2.5 Nikkor)