Subject: [Leica] OT--What's next?
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:08:07 -0700

Grrrr. Years ago, my wife was teaching math at a community college.
Two students got into an argument that ended in a fist fight. She
later got to talk to one of them, and the reason for his short fuse
was that he had just been fired as an editor at the local paper, the
Mercury News (San Jose, CA) They told him that with computers, they
didn't need editors any longer.

I can see the deterioration in the quality of news stories. They
often don't make sense, may omit essential information, or may even
say things that are sheer nonsense, e.g. that electrons are speeded
up by a magnet in an accelerator.

Now you link to an article that says things are about to get worse.

Grrrrr.

Herb