Subject: [Leica] eviction
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 14:01:15 -0400

many thanks dear friends for looking at the photos and writing in

yet again i apologise for not being diligent in commenting separately right
along.
this week has been a blur with numerous emergencies of various types
but also with one victory where i took massachusetts medicaid in front of a
hearing officer
at the executive office of health and won a landmark decision on behalf of
another patient.

dear mark, in re your objection to the use of the term eviction -

my patient was placed at that Days Hotel in Boston 2 years ago by the
massachusetts
department of housing and community development
she weighs 50 kilos and is so soft-spoken she would not be heard if one
does not pay attention.
her husband and 2 children are also extremely polite and self-effacing.
and as you can see from the photos, despite their poverty, their children
are not fat,
as is the usual reality in this country.
they are careful caring parents and the children are also very
well-behaved.

so, noise had nothing to do with it.

this particular hotel's management retaliated against them for not being
cowards
and for not giving in voluntarily to fascist behaviour.
my patient used to be a police officer and could not keep quiet in the face
of obvious unlawfulness.
after the retaliation we called the police on the hotel
and criminal charges have been filed against the management.
i know i am going to enjoy that outcome.

the hotel informed their liaison at DHCD that they did not want my patient
in there this instant.
the hotel is not a regular hotel.
all their rooms are contracted by DHCD and people stay here for years
till their name comes up on housing lists in other towns.
over time methinks some unhealthy relationships have developed between the
hotel and DHCD
which in this case lead to a violation of due process.

she was officially evicted by DHCD, with no reason stated, issued another
accommodation in Danvers at another extended-stay motel and given 6 hours
to report there.
the notice specifically stated she has the right to appeal the eviction but
not to stay put till the appeal is heard.

i have asked the Governor to look into it.
for what that is worth.
bharani