Subject: [Leica] (tech) Lens comparisons - 50mm Summilux - has photos
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:20:27 -0500

On Jul 18, 2012, at 1:02 AM, John McMaster wrote:

> 24 hours and no replies, I guess nobody saw much difference in bokeh? There
> were some where, side by side, the pre-asph was preferable but others where
> that was reversed...

This was the point I was alluding to a week or two ago.
Each scene (subject / light) will be rendered slightly (or not so slightly)
differently
by each lens/sensor/film combination.

And we can't have them all (at least I can't).
So we get to know the gear we have;
and make educated use of it to achieve our aesthetic goals.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com