Subject: [Leica] A new M from Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:43:08 -0400

Spending two grand on a six year old cropped sensor is blatantly foolish
even if it wasn't almost guaranteed trouble.
I tried to buy it when it first came out I had the money I'd just sold my
house. But they delayed it. Then they re did it . Then they fixed more
stuff. They were handing out expensive filters for your glass then they
stopped doing it.
To anybody getting good results with your old M8 I say more power to you.
But there's not 6 year old digital camera out there which is worth a quarter
of that kind of money even a full frame one. I'm afraid Leicas first out
digital M is no exception. The M9 however should retain much more of its
value.  Its a camera to take much more seriously. Unfortunately priced as
such.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography