Subject: [Leica] A new M from Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:12:19 -0400

The lug for years was a litany of M8 problems.
Had I not been on the lug, not had the internet but lived on a farm in
southern Nebraska I would have gotten an m8 early on. And been another of
the many sending them back and forth and back and forth in the mail getting
it maybe working. Again to those who were lucky and are out shooting with
them every day  it would be foolish to negate that but you were lucky. And
you got the camera many moons ago when it made more sense.
The M8 era has really ended it kept Leica almost afloat but I'm sure its one
Leica would rather forget.
We are in business big time with the M9 and with the CMOS tweak we'll be
cooking with gravy. It will be interesting to see the work that will be done
in 2013 with that camera by all kinds of people some of them at the top of
their field.
The M camera is a street camera. And half of street photography takes place
at night. It needs to excel in doing that not be lagging way behind. Next
year I'm sure it will excel.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography