Subject: [Leica] OT: France Post Office informs me that they are returning a package
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:05:42 -0500 (CDT)

Vick,

The guy who bought it kept emailing me and I told him it was probably in the
Customs Office.   After a month I started an inquiry with the post office
here, and then waited.   About three months after I sent it it arrived back
at my door.  It had a note on it noting the date they tried to deliver it
and the date they sent it back, which was just a few days later.   It took
three months to get back to me because they sent it back surface mail, which
meant it went by ship!

The buyer was both mad and happy it had shown up.   I mailed it again and
they actually delivered it on their second chance.

Usually the post office has down an extremely good job, but there are
exceptions.

Robert