Subject: [Leica] IMG: Small Insect at Work
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:13:09 -0400

Macro photography should be done with manual focus because of the
extremely shallow depth of field. In order to get everything you need in
focus to be sharp, you often have to focus partway between the closest and
farthest objects in the image, and stop down accordingly. Autofocus does a
poor job of this (and the fact that modern lenses lack depth of field
indexes makes it hard to do manually too!). They include AF because the
lens can be used at normal distances too, where AF works fine.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook