Subject: [Leica] IMG: Airport July 31
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:35:27 +1000

Yeah rotor strike is nature's way of saying you are standing too close fool!
Back when I was on a flightline it was standard practice to catch hold of
one nearly stopped blade as the aircraft (UH1) spooled down. This meant you
could get it tied down quickly. Best to delegate this to the junior guy ;-)
Still it was less dramatic than some fast jet handling practices I could
tell you about!

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman