Subject: [Leica] Walrus
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 19:43:38 +0530

A few photographs of walrus at a haul-out at Torellneset - the beasts treat
-5F as we would treat a day at the beach and sun themselves piled up
together. This was a male bunch - we did not see any females and young, as
they haul-out further west of Spitsbergen. Luckily for us, they are curious
beasts and approached us till they were only a few metres away in the water
- there is very little fun in photographing a pod of walrus sleeping and
sunning themselves, piled up on a gravelly beach. The last one was taken
when the sky was very grey, but the light kept improving thereafter:

In The Environment:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/norway/Norway_20120704_1438.jpg.html

Big Boy:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/norway/Norway_20120704_1409.jpg.html-
homage to Jim Shulman (-:

Baleful Look:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/norway/Norway_20120704_1412.jpg.html

Curiosity:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/norway/Norway_20120704_1367.jpg.html

Please see LARGE.

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Walrus)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Walrus)