Subject: [Leica] Spanish ñ (WAS IMG: Portrait)
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 00:12:59 +0000

On XP (machine at work) it is in Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.
Just click on the character you want and it tells you the four digit ASCII
code. You can get different symbols in some of the fonts e.g. Wingdings.....

john

Tina, you can generate most non-English letters in Windows (I assume that is
what you use) by holding down the ALT key and typing in the appropriate
4-digit code on the numeric keypad. I use all the time at work (where I have
a Windows machine with a Spanish keyboard) when writing in Danish, for
example, to generate the 3 special Danish letters:

? = ALT+0229
? = ALT+0248

etc.

Similar for ? and all other accented characters. I think you find the codes
under Character Map or some such--I am typing this on my Mac laptop in an
airport, so cannot help you there.

Cheers,
Nathan

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Portrait)