Subject: [Leica] wide multi shot horizon tonite?? help?
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:35:40 +0000

Frank,

Correct. The pseudo fisheye look is the result of stitching a triptych taken
with an overly wide lens. The 45mm lens on the Pentax 6x7 was approximately
equal to a 22mm lens on 35mm film.
Gruene Hall is a funky old dance hall. I was fortunate to get in early on a
Sunday morning and had the place to myself. However, I was backed up against
the long tables that occupy about a third of the building, between the bar &
the stage. The wide angle lens was the only one in my bag that afforded
enough field of view to capture the entire building from left to right. If I
ever get back on a Sunday morning, I will set the camera up on one of the
long tables and use a longer lens oriented vertically.
On the other hand, the fisheye perspective has grown on me. Thanks for your
kind words.

Learning as I go.

Wayne

Message: 7