Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses on Fuji X Pro 1 via official Fuji adapter
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:41:32 -0700

Hello Luggers,
I finally got the official Fuji M > X adapter and have been testing out my M
lenses on the X Pro 1.
Some of you may recall that I earlier had an adapter from China which would
not allow infinity focusing of my M lenses.
That is not a problem with the fuji adapter although it has its own
idiosyncracies. I have put three pictures in a
separate folder here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/LeicaFuji/

http://tinyurl.com/bvo4d7n

The first picture is taken with the 18 Elmar on the X Pro 1.
It is the interior of the car deck of the Queen of Nanaimo as we are driving
our car on to the ferry.
Taken through the windshield. Some users report on the internet blurry
corners with the X Pro 1 using
some Leica wide angles but I didn't see evidence of that in my playing
around.

The second picture is a whale watching boat off Galiano Island taken with
the 90 Elmarit on the
X Pro 1. Mount Baker, about 140 miles away is in the upper right of the
picture. You can also see
the pollution caused by ships travelling in the channel - the brown smear to
the left of Mount Baker.

The third picture was taken at the Zen Cafe on Yew Street on Friday morning
when I joined Tom
Abrahamsson and the camera guys for breakfast. It was taken with the 18
Elmar on the fuji.

The X Pro 1 wants to default to 1/30 with the adapter on so you need to set
the auto ISO to 3200
and use a manual shutter speed. I used 1/500 for the most part and f8.0 on
the lenses and let the iSO
run where it wanted to go.

I did some comparison shots with the M8 and the same lenses and found the M8
records in a warmer
tone that the X Pro 1.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Cheers
Howard (back on Pender and enjoying the heat - it was 30 degrees centigrade
yesterday - which was nearly a record for the cool Gulf Islands)

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on Fuji X Pro 1 via official Fuji adapter)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on Fuji X Pro 1 via official Fuji adapter)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Leica M lenses on Fuji X Pro 1 via official Fuji adapter)