Subject: [Leica] (Link) OT - Ry Cooder interview (now with Cuban Video Link)
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:46:12 +0530

If you like this sort of cross cultural music, both these albums by Ry
Cooder are much better IMHO than "Buena Vista Social Club", though Mali and
India do not impact the American ethos as much as Cuba:

With Vishwa Mohan Bhatt - A Meeting by the River - this is absolutely
stunning, as I understand both strains of music, jazz and Hindustani (North
Indian) classical. One of my all time favourite albums.

With Ali Farka Toure - Talking Timbuktu

Cheers
Jayanand