Subject: [Leica] M8 for sale
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:11:38 -0700

Smudge on LCD only, or on sensor? Is it on all images?

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Aug 10, 2012, at 5:59 PM, H&E Cummer <cummer at netvigator.com> wrote:

Hi Luggers,
I have been in contact with Leica NJ about a smudge that has developed on
the LCD screen of my black M8.
Please see the photo:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/M8-screenw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/cew5fah

The camera is an M8U with the full upgrade, shutter speeds limited to
1/4000, new frame lines and the sapphire screen.

Leica New Jersey tells me that neither they nor Germany have the spare parts
to replace the LCD and have asked me to
send the camera to Leica NJ which will then, at their expense, forward the
camera to Solms which will "assess" its value and
then offer me a new M9 or M9P at a discount. I am not much interested in
going that route and I wonder if any
Lugger would be interested in buying the camera from me as is. The camera
works fine, it does not have any dings and shows
only normal signs of wear. On playback the smudge in the center of the LCD
overlays every image as can be see in the attached picture of blue sky.
It has about 12,500 shutter actuations. I have the full packing and the
original receipt and the upgrade
receipt as well. It is out of warranty. The brick like original changer is
included as well as the newer, smaller charger. One OEM battery is included.
If a Lugger would pay me US$1,575 plus shipping and insurance I think I
would sell the camera rather than suffer
through shipping and waiting to see what Solms will offer me as a discount
on an M9 or M9P which I don't really want.
Payment by private cheque with shipping after the cheque has cleared is
acceptable.

Please contact me privately for a full set of pictures if you are interested.

Best Regards

Howard