Subject: [Leica] OT - those thinking of a 36MP camera.....
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 09:20:50 +0100

I have a utility on my Mac called iStat menus. One can configure it how one
likes but I have permanently in the top menu bar the processor load, CPU
temperature and network speed, amongst others.
I find it very useful, probably the best utility I have ever bought. One can
get an app for iThingy which allows remote monitoring of the computer too,
but I hardly use the app.
I would be lost without it!
It doesn't make the computer faster, but shows at a glance what is going on
if it slows down.
BTW it shows how mind numbingly inefficient Flash is. Just having a couple
of Flash adverts on a web page shows significant CPU activity. Some web
sites have the processors all running flat out and fans at max, just with
screen candy. No wonder flash flattens the battery of my laptop faster than
any other programme, and the CPU gets hot and fans come on max too.
I can see why the iPad doesn't have it, probably more than halve battery
life.
cheers,
Frank