Subject: [Leica] OT - those thinking of a 36MP camera.....
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 06:17:13 +0000

If you spec out similar hardware for a Windows box the Mac often works out
cheaper. I did it for my dual 5520 Xeon Pro (basically server spec) and 17"
i7 (1920x1200 display), the latter only Dell and IBM could match the screen
and they worked out significantly more expensive....

john

I have Windows 7 installed on my Mac Pro. I use it rarely though, Having a
system that JUST WORKS, no bullshit, makes the high price worth every cent
to someone like me who uses the computer as a tool for my photography and
graphic design business. My time is money, and fighting windows is a waste
of time and money.

I used Windows up through XP and had nothing but trouble. I think Windows
7 is a much better system than the versions that made me switch to Mac,
but having thousands of dollars in software for the Mac, the savings in
buying a cheaper Windows computer would be lost by having to replace my
software.

--
Chris Crawford