Subject: [Leica] Criminalizing Photography
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 01:38:58 -0400

I do think things in all countries tend to swing back and for the between
the right and left between being very loose or being a police state.
Here in the USA there was no doubt from day one there would be a reaction in
the police state direction after 911 its been thought that specifically was
the intention of the attack in the first place.
It will wear off in time.

I think sometimes it does not take an incident for a time to become more
police state like. Just a feeling of the times. But having a lot of people
out of work helps. A depression helps.
As I understand it in the USA depression of the 1930s people were selling
off their kids for packs of cigarettes.
I'm on a Hemingway Fitzgerald binge right now. Reading about those times.
Not repeating history helps. Or not repeating fiction in this case! :)

Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] Criminalizing Photography)