Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Who is winning "digital via adapter" race, was ....Re: [IDCC] Will the price of usable film cameras fall further? now...using old lenses
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:01:22 -0400

I posted this on IDCC, but from a Leica perspective....

So, what is winning the "digital via adapter" race? My thoughts, please
tell me whether I'm mistaken:

1. Nikon D800/D800E - amazing FF sensor, but need "tools required"
Leitax adapter for my R lenses. And some of my best R lenses interfere
with the mirror

2. Canon FF DSLR - I can't even keep up with the model numbers, but they
take R lenses with adapter. Again, some R lenses need the mirror shaved.

3. 4/3rs options - seems like lots of them for M glass.

Which one is winning the war for image quality and ease of usage?
Thanks all Vick

======from IDCC:

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Fwd: Who is winning "digital via adapter" race, was ....Re: [IDCC] Will the price of usable film cameras fall further? now...using old lenses)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Fwd: Who is winning "digital via adapter" race, was ....Re: [IDCC] Will the price of usable film cameras fall further? now...using old lenses)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Fwd: Who is winning "digital via adapter" race, was ....Re: [IDCC] Will the price of usable film cameras fall further? now...using old lenses)