Subject: [Leica] I can't believe how many shots I've missed with my R9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:38:17 -0400

Check Dioptor issues in the eye piece. And glasses. If it was me I'd have
stopped down at least to 5.6 if not 8 if I really wanted to nap my focus.
Unless the background was dog ugly. And why are we shooting a picture with a
bad background? This wide open shooting thing gets played up on the LUG and
it has its place but that place is limited. When you need to in low light.
And really ugly backgrounds. I really hate it when I miss my focus. So I
stop down when ever I can. As I was saying to Jim this morning are you using
needlessly slow film? Because nobody does street photography or much hand
held location work with slow film. This is a LUG phenomenon. If you want to
get a shot use fast film so you can both stop down and secondly use a
shutter speed fast enough so we all don't have to hold still and not breath
like its the dawning of the daguerreotype age.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography