Subject: [Leica] OT: where to stay in Yosemite
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:40:10 -0700

Tina Manley <images at comporium.net> wrote:

> ... the Tanaya Lodge just outside the gate
> ... wonderful restaurants.  Have a great time!

We (some friends, including Roy on one of them) have done back packs
up to Little Yosemite (with mule assist to get the packs and wine
bottles to camp, which has bear boxes and a good restroom).  On the
way back home, the Tenaya Lodge restaurant is at the top of the list
as the place to stop for a good meal.

By the way, my 94 year old Dad wanted, once in his life, to experience
the Ahwahnee.  So we did.  It's not worth the price (surprise).  You
can get a breakfast there without staying (make reservations soon),
and that gets you the best of the place for the cost of a good and
reasonable breakfast.

The Mountain room at the Yosemite Lodge is also a nice place to have a
dinner.  It has some excellent photos on the walls -- definitely worth
experiencing.

Enjoy.  Yosemite has, in my view, the most landscape-type photo ops
per square foot or meter of any place I've seen.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] OT: where to stay in Yosemite)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: where to stay in Yosemite)