Subject: [Leica] Oh yeah, someone really knows how to handle new equipment announcements and reviews...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:36:07 -0400

We had an option on masonite or canvas.
In four years of art classes I never heard a brand name ever mentioned on
anything.
I'm sure though someone who is a painter uses a certain kind of brush
probably all from the same company and he knows what that company is.
I'm not sure our teachers told the art store in Clayton which stuff to get I
kinda doubt it.
I think from what I know about it calligraphers are more particular about a
brush than an art painter. As in I think they make their own brushes out of
a stick of bamboo.
I used a knife instead of a brush. And acrylics. What ever brushed I owned
fell by the wayside real fast. I just could not used them.
The best thing I was good at media wise was those Pastel sticks.
And oil pastels. I made stuff which really looked like art with those things
on paper. Not so good with acrylics and the knife.
I did a lot of print making processes. One of them took place in the
darkroom.

The only oil paints I ever touched as Marshall Oils for hand coloring
photographs. You rub it in with cotton.  I got my first kit when I was 9.
Had to wait a few years before I got my darkroom. Finally one day somebody
told me I didn't have to color every print I made in my darkroom as soon as
it was dry. I kind of thought that was part of the deal. But I would think a
thing like that.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography