Subject: [Leica] IMG: New Travel a speed-walk through Paris
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 05:43:06 -0700

That old tower reminds me of an argument I had with my wife last night,
after arriving in San Francisco. She has never been to the West Coast and is
falling into the classic trap of wanting to go to too many places. Las Vegas
came up, and in nixing that idea, I said, rather loudly, why the hell would
I spend two days travelling to a place where I could see a fake Eiffel tower
when we have seen the real thing many times...

The furthest I intend to venture from here is Yosemite and Big Sur.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 27 Aug 2012, at 04:25, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> On our way home from Barcelona we had a few short hours in Paris. Our
> wonderful guide Genevieve, took the challenge and zoomed us around on foot
> and subway to glimpse as much as humanly possible for our first
> introduction.
>
> Allez!   macaron, voil?, chocolat, Notre-Dame, voil? Allez!
> These first ones are from a public viewing platform on top of a building.
> Simply amazing 360 degree views. For some reason they have an old tower
> right in the middle of the place. Possibly a mobile phone transmitter? We
> had a very cloudy start to the day which made for some interesting light.
> This first set largely with the new Summilux 35 (on M9)
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/par
>

> Cheers,
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman