Subject: [Leica] MM - first impressions
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:38:02 -0400

Correct me if I am mistaken, but this M Monochrome thing will capture images
in, er, black and white? Like, basically, fifty shades of grey? Grey? The
colour of age and Death?

This isn't like the second coming of Velvia. Now that was something. That
was, like, a kandy-colored tangerine-flake streamline babe. Nice bright
colours. Dreams of summer. Kodachrome on juice.

I always thought that Ansel Adams was a wanker for depicting landscapes in
b&w. Like he was imposing humanity's morbid gloom on God's great glory.

The painters at Lascaux used every colour they could see and could
reproduce. No monochrome. Because they didn't go to school or imagine they
knew better.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] MM - first impressions)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] MM - first impressions)