Subject: [Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 08:09:22 +0930

Hi Tina,

> Thanks, Marty.  That's very interesting.  Are you going to send the camera
> back in with the lenses to be adjusted?

Yes, I will eventually.

>  I'm not sure I can part with mine that long!

I am sure it will bother me too but in the long run everything being
out of focus is worse.

> I have to send all of my lenses except the Noctilux in to be
> coded and I haven't even been able to part with them long enough to have
> that done!  Leica separation anxiety!!

Indeed - but coding will solve the problem of strange auto correction
being applied to lenses because I forget to change the manual coding.

Anyway, it's nice to know the manual coding is there - it works really
well with the CV 35/1.2, but I prefer to have to remember as few
things as possible.

> I wish I could go back to those dark houses in Central America with the MM
instead of my film cameras!

I thought the same thing about parts of Africa.

Marty

Replies: Reply from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison)
Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison)