Subject: [Leica] Back home
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:50:30 +0200

About 12 hours ago we landed in Madrid after a really tiring trip back from
San Francisco: SF to Philadelphia during Sunday night, then 12 hours in
Philly, then an overnight flight from Philly to Madrid, then driving 430 km
from Madrid to Alicante. But I feel great. These two weeks was the best
family vacation we have ever had, I think. We saw the magnificent nature in
places like Yosemite and John Muir Woods and the Big Sur, as well as the
wonderful SF neighbourhoods, and, lest I forget, Oakland, which is a very
interesting city in its own right. My wife and son even flew to Las Vegas to
spend a night there and see a place in which I had no interest but which
they did enjoy.

Despite all this, the highlight of the trip were the people I met; the many
friendly people in San Francisco and Oakland and the fellow LUGgers Bob
Adler and Jim Shulman--special thanks to Jim for being at Philadelphia
airport to meet us at 6:30 a.m. yesterday!.

As many of you know, I lived in the US for many years, and have dual US/EU
citizenship. So essentially I can live anywhere I want. I have no plans to
return to the US, but if I ever were to do that, the Bay Area would be tops
on my list of places.

Meanwhile, I face the much more immediate challenge of editing the 700+
photos that survived the daily cull to something manageable that can form a
50-60 picture gallery.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman