Subject: [Leica] The Leica M new functionality difference
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:57:15 +0200

>>> and several hundred times more accuracy
>> This is nice in theory but in practice is a myth.  When you measure
>> how accurate RF focusing is with a real-world camera and lens, it's
>> pretty sadly wanting, especially for digital sensors.
> Agree: the RF is not pin accurate and mal adjusts from time to time and
> between lenes etc. Can't be long before auto focus on the M becomes a
> reality: perhaps with IS and dust removal ;-)

The unfortunate reality is that the system is optimally accurate for
about a week after adjustment and optimisation.

A really reliable focus confirmation would be adequate for me; I'd
like to see better accuracy in all autofocus systems - it's only been
in the last few years that this has improved much since the
introduction of autofocus, and then you only get the advantages with
new AF lenses, because helicoid precision contributes substantially to
the system performance.

Marty

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The Leica M new functionality difference)
Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] The Leica M new functionality difference)