Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon D600
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:25:22 -0400

Thanks guys with all this exciting news about Leica I'd forgotten that
realistically on the short run this is really at the top of my list.
My first years in new York I ran around shooting with a D40x nikon weighting
in just over a pound about the same as an M6 or Olympus OM1.
But the past few years I've gone full frame with the D700 and its a weight
around my neck which takes some getting used to. And I'm buying a collapable
matt this week to improve my core strength  like Ted had done.
By the way there is HCB, DDD and TED.

This D600 weighs 1.7 pounds which is what an R9 weighs. Or a new Leica M. or
old Nikon F2 which was my first serious camera.
I can get my head around and hand around having that heft of camera in hand
or off neck very easily.

The D700 I'll be heading out with in an hour or so weights 2.2 pounds.
I have to take it out of my Domke as the bag feels to heavy with the camera
in it. The up side is as its out of the bag and in my hand. A place much
more likely to make pictures.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography