Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon D600
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 10:12:05 -0400

Depends on what you mean by industrial clunk! :)
It was an efficient sounding music to my ears and most of my photographer
friends for decades and still is. I'm aware the Leicaflexs are quieter. Do
they sound more refined? Less industrial?  Wiki says the Leicaflex shutters
cost them much to make that every camera sold they lost money on. My M LTM
shutters are made of cloth but the reflex cameras were metal.
We Nikon users of previous decades never picked up on this shoddy
workmanship of loose tolerances your talking about. The cameras had a great
feel great build and just worked!
More quiet than my Hasselblad.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography