Subject: [Leica] Substitute for my Panasonic Lumix FZ-18
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:48:35 -0400

I'd like to know what a "travel camera" is?
Traveling would seem to be the time when the best shots are going to be
gotten. You need a dumbed down Canon 50D? Its too bulky for you really?
Sounds like photography is way down your list in importance.
The idea of leaving a camera like the 50D which can do some quality work at
home and walking around in exotic climes with an idiot camera like the
Panasonic Lumix FZ-18 whose normal lens would be a 7mm eludes me. Its not
even a compact camera!
The problem is what happens when you find your self face to face with a
seriously excellent photo opportunity in your travels which is likely to
happen and there you are stuck with a toy camera.
That would frustrate the hell out of me. I'd rather be camera less than
pretend I'm taking pictures when I'm really not.

Mark William Rabiner